Friday, August 12, 2011

A question for Christians, though anyone may answer because I doubt the Christian community will be unbiased?

There have been many so-called "saviors" that have been born of virgins, sacrificed, descended to hell, and were resurrected, supposedly for mankind, in history. Many (if not all) of these instances were before Christ is even said to have existed. A few examples for references sake: Krishna ,Mithra, Adonis, Horus, Zoroaster, Quetzalcoatl, Bacchus, Balder, Thor, Dionysus,Tammuz, Attis, and the list goes on, and on. I make no mockery, and all I ask that you do the research yourself before answering my question (Seriously, open another tab and do a little research). I have drawn my own conclusions, but my question is this: Why is Jesus, who like these figures, can only be found in their religious books (such as the Bible), but not history, so significant to YOU. So significant that you might base your whole life on that? Why not any of the formers? If the others were propagated in such a manner as Jesus, I think you would feel differently. Are you subject to media propaganda and social circumstance. Why Jesus? Why not the others?

0 comments:

Post a Comment